It was a good trip down to California for the filming of week #6’s recipe challenge. My friends Liz and Jesse were gracious hosts and even helped with the filming! Jesse manning the camera while directing and Liz as my stylish co-host for episode #6. The video will be ready in a day or so, but first I thought I’d list out the selected ingredients and recipe.
Liz was in charge of picking ingredients and we did it on the fly while visiting a local market in Oakland. Her choices were:
- Chicken Sausage
- Red onion – chopped
- Garbanzo Beans – 1 can, drained
Liz also added fresh spinach and some kale we picked up for free at the meat market, as well as Romano cheese. You will also need olive oil, salt, pepper, 1 cup chicken stock and 2-3 cloves of chopped garlic.
- Boil Linguine until it is al dante, set aside
- Pre-cook kale in salted water, set aside
- In a large sauce pan, heat olive oil on medium heat and cook onion for 1-2 minutes
- Add chopped garlic and cook another minute
- Throw in the sausage that has been sliced into 1/4" thick ‘coins’. Stir and cook for another couple minutes.
- Add drained garbanzo beans while stirring, cooking for 3 minutes
- Mix in greens and stir until spinach is wilted while adding in 1/2 cup of chicken stock
- Drop in pasta and add rest of chicken stock. Stir for another minute to let pasta soak up taste.
- Serve and top with grated Romano cheese.
- Add salt & pepper to taste