Week #14 was a blast as I traveled to American Fork, Utah to visit friends and relax a bit. My hosts, Tambee and Russ graciously let me film a family favorite backyard BBQ. Russ cooks to my liking, simple and no recipe. And very tasty too! Below is my attempt at his recipe, for the first time put down on paper….errrr…internet. It’s easy and will be a regular for me this summer.
- Chicken breasts
- Red and Green Peppers
- Fresh Herbs
- Olive Oil, lots of it
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat up grill on high
- Coat chicken breasts with olive oil. Then salt and pepper both sides.
- Next use fresh herbs to taste. In this case we used rosemary, chives and thyme.
- Place on grill for just a bit on high. Turn heat to medium.
- Cut up peppers into halves and coat with olive oil and salt/pepper.
- Bring water to boil in pot for couscous (or cook to instructions)
- Flip over chicken before it gets burnt.
- After water boils, shut off and add in couscous and cover. It’ll be ready in a bit.
- Add peppers to grill.
- Flip peppers.
- Add bacon, chives and any other likings to couscous. It’s done.
- Remove Chicken and Peppers from grill before they burn.
I know, it sounds too easy and the video will go into more instruction. It’s easy and tastes wonderful! Video coming soon.