- 2 Free Range Chicken Breasts
- 2 Yukon Gold Potatoes
- Fettuccine Rice Pasta
- Carrots. Well, actually, I skipped the carrots. So ignore this!
- Olive Oil
- Pasta Sauce
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Dijon Mustard
- Boil up the pasta
- Cube up the potatoes so they are the size of dice. The six sided kind, not the Dungeons and Dragons 20 sided monsters.
- Place the cubed potatoes in a 13×9 backing dish.
- Douse potatoes with olive oil, rosemary, basil and garlic powder
- Set in oven at 375F for about 25 minutes. Or until your kid complains a lot.
- Heat up the pasta sauce to your liking. I actually just put the pasta in a Pyrex bowl on the burner I used to boil the noodles with it off. It worked well and didn’t require nuking it.
- In a medium fry pan, preheat some olive oil (have I mentioned I love olive oil?). Then cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and place them in.
- Sprinkle with thyme, basil and rosemary.
- Goose about a tablespoon of dijon mustard over this yummy goodness.
- Cook on a low-medium heat until just about done, stirring occasionally, or lots, whichever you like.
- Then throw your fry pan in the oven with the potatoes. I’d suggest something that can take the heat, like a nice All-Clad Stainless-Steel Fry Pan. Put it in when the potatoes have about 15 minutes left to cook.
- Remove everything from the stove and serve the chicken over the pasta and top with pasta sauce. Add the potatoes on the side.
I know what you’re thinking. Huh? You’ve got two starches in there! And mustard with pasta sauce? But it worked! And further, it worked for my daughter who loved it. If you’d like, leave out the pasta sauce and maybe add some honey to the mustard chicken over the noodles.
Either way, don’t stop cooking! Until next week, have fun in the kitchen!