Ground Lamb and Rice – Careystlye
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes, tops
Eating Time: We were hungry, it went fast
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- 1/2 lg. onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup pasta sauce (your choice)
- 1 Portobella Mushroom
- Olive Oil (yum!)
- Rice cooked for 4
How To Cook It:
- In a small fry pan, heat olive oil on medium and then saute the sliced mushroom. I like to slice it in long strips and then cut those in half for this recipe. About 3 minutes should do it. Set aside
- Oh yeah, start your rice and cook as you like or as the package tells you to.
- In a medium fry pan, heat olive oil and brown the ground lamb.
- Add in onions and cook another couple minutes until they are getting soft
- Add cinnamon (yes, cinnamon….I thought it was odd but it turns out great!), wine and pasta sauce
- Mix all that up for a minute or two then throw on the mushroom, stirring for another 1 minute
- Heat up the backed beans. I know, they don’t really fit, so leave them out if you don’t want them.
- Serve lamb mixture over rice with beans on the side!